JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2016
- The candidate must be born on or after 1st October 1991.
- There is an age relaxation for the following candidates –
- The date of birth of the candidate on the secondary education board will be taken into consideration.
- The candidates must have passed their class 12th board examination from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates who are appearing for their class 12th board examination in 2016 will also be JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2016 .
- The candidate must have the following core subjects in class 12th –
5. Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject
- The candidates must score atleast 45% marks in the qualifying examination for applying for B.E./B.Tech courses, as per JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- It is mandatory to score atleast 50% marks including mathematics for those seeking admission in B.Arch/B.Planning course.
- The candidates who belong to the reserved category have a relaxation of 5% marks which means the cut off to apply for B.E./B.Tech course is 45% marks.
- The candidates who have passed their class 12th examination from one state but appeared for the improvement test from another state then the marks obtained at the original state of board examination will be considered.
- The state code of JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria means the code of the state from where the candidate has passed the class 12th examination and this code will be considered while applying for the JEE Main Exam 2016.
The JEE Main 2016 Application forms will be released online by the CBSE in November 2015. The candidates must go through the JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria carefully to determine whether or not they can apply for the same.